We are currently recruiting for a Warranty Test Technician for a permanent role in the Automotive aftermarket/manufacturing industry, based in Birmingham.
Working hours are 8am to 430pm Monday to Friday (30 minutes lunch break).
- To ensure that all customer warranty returns are analysed/tested in detail to confirm the faults.
- Identifying liability and determine acceptance tolerances.
- Collect root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to resolve the issues.
- Provide sufficient detailed analysis and escalate to a higher level to enable issue and trend analysis to provide information for warranty cost reduction activities.
- Carry out hands-on inspection and diagnostics of units and review against OEM specification to understand issues.
- Ensure that analysis data is reported to Head of Engineering within agreed time scales in customer specific format as required.
- Conduct detailed analysis of warranty returns, claims and costs to determine corrective and preventative actions to support both the Customer, Production and Supplier.
- Provide technical support to all internal departments to maintain and improve product quality
- Communicate fault and liability information to the relevant internal management in order to obtain robust interim and permanent corrective actions aimed at warranty prevention and cost reduction.
- Contribute to ensuring lessons learned from warranty analysis are communicated to management to be captured on new projects
- Support regular meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality to reduce warranty claims.
- Ensure all products flow through the warranty department in a timely manner
- Maintain the calibration system, ensuring all equipment is correctly calibrated
- Able to use and tools and measuring equipment.
- Able to interpret results and data to determine root cause analysis.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Preferred understanding of fuel systems and application on engine.
- Preferred understanding of hydraulic and electromechanical systems.
- Preferred experience of using machinery.
- GCSE Level A-C, IVQ Technician certificate, BTec first certificate or equivalent NVQ level 2 qualification.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary £25,000 per annum
- Life Cover (3 x Annual salary).
- Employer contributes 3% to pension, rising to 5% to pension after 12 months.