Alliance Personnel are currently recruiting for a warehouse supervisors to join one of their clients based in Lichfield. (please bare in mind, you’d have to commute to Wednesbury first until the company will move to Lichfield)
As a warehouse supervisor, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- team leaders
- warehouse operatives
- site visitors
- 3rd party drivers
Supporting the Warehouse Operations Manager to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient daily management of the Wednesbury/Lichfield warehouses, to motivate and develop the teams reporting into them and reduce errors and avoidable cost to the business.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Daily management of core warehouse processes; ensuring all goods-in, goods-out, inventory replenishment and cycle count activity is carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- To provide effective support to the Warehouse Operations Manager to ensure constant improvement in all areas of the operation.
- Daily management, coaching, development, and motivation of staff, ensuring all relevant HR policies are followed.
- Manage communications with service providers and Company stakeholders to ensure agreed targets are met and enquiries are responded to in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all site H&S and MHE checks are completed as required; raising any issues direct to the Warehouse Operations Manager/Health & Safety Officer as required.
- Liaise with QC Team to effectively manage inventory accuracy and QC workload supply.
- Preparation and participation in warehouse team meetings and planning groups as required.
- Management and reporting on non-inventory assets (pallets, stillages etc) to minimise operational disruption and cost.
- To demonstrate and support a commitment to Equal Opportunities, diversity, and customer care in accordance with established good practice and guidelines.
- To ensure that own personal performance and knowledge are continuously assessed for improvement.
- To have up to date knowledge of H&S working directives and good practice. Awareness of own health and safety and how it may affect others in the workplace. Report any health and safety concerns to your line manager or Health and Safety Officer.
- To promote the Company and the work of the team in a positive manner at all times.
Working hours: Monday – Friday (weekends when required)
6am – 2pm
2pm – 10pm
After successful 3 months probation, full time contract will be offered.