Alliance Personnel are currently recruiting for Tool Maker to join one of their clients based in Birmingham, B12.
Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 4pm, Friday 7:30am – 12:30pm
The toolmaker will be part of a small team responsible for designing, manufacturing, developing and maintaining bespoke tooling to be used in prototyping & production as well as producing small batches of components. They will be required to work closely with both the design and production teams to ensure an efficient and effective turnaround of tooling to a high standard to support both new product introduction and exiting products.
- Design, manufacture and development of a range of tooling such as: press tools, stamping dies, jigging and fixturing, special purpose machinery.
- Maintenance and improvement of existing tooling.
- Setting and programming of CNC machinery for small batch and development purposes.
- Using conventional toolroom and CNC machining techniques to manufacture components.
- Production of one-off specials to a high standard.
- Design for additive manufacturing and operation of various 3D printers.
- Involvement in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Any other duties that may from time to time be reasonably expected.
- Previous toolroom experience essential.
- CNC setting experience, both 3 axis VMC’s and lathes.
- Twin spindle and 5-axis experience advantageous.
- CAD/CAM experience advantageous.
- Additive manufacturing experience advantageous.
- Mazatrol and Heidenhain experience advantageous.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Good knowledge of engineering materials.
- Excellent ability to machine components to exact tolerances using various equipment including, milling machines, lathes, surface and cylindrical grinders.
- Be innovative in terms of problem solving and adaption to changes.
- Ability to work as part of a small team but also to work independently and meet critical deadlines.
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on the road parking
- Health cash plan
TEMP – PERM