Alliance Personnel are currently recruiting for UK and Export Sales and after sales support administrator to join one of their clients based in Aldridge.
Brief Job Description
The sales administrator function is to support the sales department in every faculty of sales support. Customer is king so high focus on customer service, speed of response, accuracy of data input, proactive approach to any customer related requirements. Organisation skills are paramount, being able to work unsupervised, self -management of workload ensuring the days priorities are met and everything replied to so to always keep the customer happy and informed.
- Receive enquires from the sales department, raise enquiry number, and pass to the enquiry team for costing and making sure they have everything such as drawings, specifications etc..
- Chase any enquires that haven’t been returned in the customers time scale.
- Receive orders from the sales department and enter the system making sure the order processing team have everything they need such as drawings, specification and all is accurate from enquiry to what the customer has ordered . Accuracy of order input is paramount.
- Any anomalies between enquiry and order that needs clarification inform the sales contact and if needed go direct to the customer to engage discussions.
- Pass to for sales contract review or order.
- Raise sales order confirmation and send to customer.
- Keep the manager and customer informed of status of orders.
- Recording, updating, and maintaining customer information in our databases and progressing orders through full process; from enquiry to delivery. Ensuring that customer service is at the highest level throughout the services the company offer.
- Attend meetings as and when required as well as customer weekly Teams meetings to discuss open order report. Be available for on-site visits. Any needed feedback or escalation to be communicated to relevant parties.
- Follow up on any customer NCR’s / complaints with relevant departments and aim to ensure resolution is achieved. Keeping customer and manager informed at all times of status.
- Specifically, with export orders to understand the basic logistic infrastructure; incoterms, commodity, codes, declarations, and appropriate paperwork for shipments– to include such detail at the point of order entry, keeping a close eye on delivery addresses and any specific instructions/request that the customer makes.
- Knowledge of customer portal and to cover in the absence of Team Members.
- Create any departmental KPI’s as and when required – OTD, customer complaints, customer positives etc..
- Support new customers in completing any supplier questionnaires received and organise anything required to be returned with it.
- General administration and reception duties. Ensuring all calls are answered promptly and professionally
- To cover the managers correspondence when necessary if on holiday and ,as and when requested to do so.
- Along with lean culture be on the constant look out for improvements, practice 6’s in all work areas, record all lean wins, attend and join any A3 improvement initiatives that you are requested to attend (after authorising with the manager).
- You may be asked to undertake reasonable overtime as and when the business requires it.
- Making sure that you are always working in a safe manner and your working area conforms the H&S requirements of the company.
- The above is the normal requirements; however, you may be required from time to time to undertake duties not foreseen above but within your capability.
Working hours: Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 4:30pm, Friday 7:30am – 3pm
24 days annual leave plus stats. 1 extra day’s holiday awarded at year 5,7 & 10.
Company pension scheme provided – you do have the choice to opt out if you wanted to.