We are currently seeking to recruit a Project and Health&Safety co-ordinator for a full-time, permanent role.
The job purpose is as follows:
- Coordinating all aspects of health and safety in the company with the line manager taking ultimate responsibility for this area.
- Undertaking projects and assignments as and when called upon to do so within business support and logistics functions.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Developing the company’s Health & Safety Policy in line with current legal requirements and guidance as well as best practice.
- Setting up a framework for the company’s Health & Safety Policy and monitor compliance on a regular basis.
- Completing workstation assessments, checking and reporting concerns to the line manager and HR department.
- Arranging fire risk assessments for all offices and sites on a timely manner.
- Organising PAT testing of electrical appliances in all locations on an annual basis. Arranging gas safety and emergency lighting inspections and comply with legal requirements.
- Improving awareness of mental health matters in the company and support employees requiring assistance.
- Arranging relevant health and safety training for staff such as first aid..
- Subject to agreement with line manager, carry out and/or assist with projects on a case-by-case basis dependent on scale and complexity.
- Assist in overseeing duties of Business Support Administrator in relation to kitchen facilities and ordering and replenishing stock as and when necessary.
- Assist in supervising Business Support Administrator to organise replenishment and storage of supplies of consumables and products associated with cleaning and hygiene.
- Jointly manage repairs and maintenance in all office locations with the Business Support Coordinator including liaising with team administrators and appointing suitable sub-contractors.
- Jointly manage with Business Support Coordinator security across all offices and sites including access control, alarms and opening and closing procedures to safeguard staff and operations.
- Jointly manage external cleaners with Business Support Coordinator and ensure provision of a high-quality service
- Jointly manage with Business Support Coordinator organisation, sorting, storage and collection of recyclable items and confidential waste.
- Assist in overseeing Business Support Administrator in relation to collating stationery requests, placing orders and arranging deliveries as and when required.
- Facilitate UK&I staff to work from home as and when necessary and purchase furniture and office equipment (non-IT such as printers).
- Work with the Business Support Coordinator to set up systems and procedures which are cost effective and in line with best practice.
- Provide cover for Business Support Coordinator as and when necessary in areas such as landlines, mobile phones, insurance, company vehicles, hire cars and drivers.
- Provide cover for the Business Support Administrator including front desk and switchboard as and when required.
- Assist other members of the Business Support team as and when required.
- Ensure effective communication within the Business Support team.
- Attend meetings as and when required. There may be a necessity for these to be outside of normal working times and travel may be involved.
Working hours are 35 hours a week, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.