We are currently recruiting for a Product Information Specialist for a permanent role in the Automotive/Manufacturing industry, based in Birmingham.
Working hours are 8am to 430pm Monday to Friday (30 minutes lunch break).
We are seeking candidates who have previous experience in the Automotive industry.
- Responsible for co-ordinating, implementing (mapping) and maintaining aftermarket automotive parts catalogue data.
- Undertaking competitor range gap analysis, to identify and update range changes including new part identification, supersessions and obsolete parts, onto the PIM system.
- Maintaining reference database.
- Generating range coverage reports, including identification of areas for product line expansion.
- Working closely with the Product Management teams to ensure that the data handling work is aligned to customer requirements.
- Involvement in NTR activity, liaising with Marketing to feed in new additions for customer communications.
- Interpreting and interrogating supplier releases and updates to support range developments and enhancements.
- Liaise with technical and marketing departments to create product-specific technical documents.
- Automotive aftermarket experience in a cataloguing data handling role.
- Knowledge of vehicle parts, automotive part fitment, vehicle application structure and OEMs is advantageous.
- Experience in the use of industry standard cataloguing tools such as Xchecker and TecDoc.
- Strong data handling skills: proficient in Excel, Access or other database management.
- Able to plan and work to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of QHSE Legislation.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proven experience to work as part of a team.
About the business/company you will be working for:
Starting out as a supplier of automotive parts, the company has expanded in to a range of sectors which includes diverse manufacturing and engineering divisions.
Salary and Benefits:
- £30,000 – £35000 per annum (depending on experience).
- Life Cover (3 x Annual salary).
- Employer contributes 3% to pension, rising to 5% to pension after 12 months.
- 2 weeks’ additional paid leave for volunteers/reservists to attend training/camp.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities throughout your career.