We are currently recruiting for a Process and Quality Engineer for a permanent role in the Automotive/Manufacturing industry.
Working hours are 8am to 430pm Monday to Friday (30 minutes lunch break).
- Responsible for developing and implementing business processes and standards relating to Production, Quality, Engineering, Environmental, Health & Safety, Training and other relevant areas of the company activities.
- Responsible for delivering commercially viable solutions to technical/engineering requirements.
- Responsible for supporting the planning, development and implementation of the Quality & Environmental Management System (QEMS), Business Management System (BMS) and other appropriate business systems in accordance with the company policies, objectives and relevant standards.
- Develop and maintain a broad base of quality and process engineering skills applicable to the role through CPD and company supported training.
- Learn and maintain competence on company business and IT systems including Epicor E10 and subsequent developments.
- Interpret business objectives in the context of quality and engineering standards and developing QMS processes and procedures that will enable compliance.
- Design and develop products, product improvements, tooling, fixtures, test and associated equipment.
- Undertake Quality Assurance activities such as monitor, test, inspect and audit suppliers, products and services to ensure conformity to required specification.
- Produce and support production & configuration management systems, processes, procedures and documentation.
- Develop, implement and manage process, production and engineering techniques and capabilities in the business.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions related to the QMS and Engineering activities of the business.
- Propagate quality related awareness, knowledge, skills and competence of staff through formal and informal training.
- Contribute to contract award and fulfilment processes by supporting production of quality and engineering related plans, specifications and product realisation activities or documents.
- Produce customer or contract related documentation.
- Contribute towards continual improvement objectives.
- Carry out other duties in relation to the general conduct of the business as may be reasonably required from time to time.
- Degree or equivalent in automotive engineering or similar discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel and MS PowerPoint, Project).
- Knowledge and experience of ISO, IATF and APQP quality, environmental and general standards.
- Knowledge and experience of quality management and project management techniques.
- Holds or willing to work towards a recognised Audit Qualification or one years’ experience working in an audit environment.
- Life Cover (3 x Annual salary).
- Employer contributes 3% to pension, rising to 5% to pension after 12 months.
- Salary: £27,000.00-£30,000.00 per year