We are currently recruiting for a Plant Technician for a permanent role in the Automotive/Manufacturing industry, based in Coventry.
Working hours are 8am to 430pm Monday to Friday (30 minutes lunch break).
- Responsible for the diagnostic testing, servicing and repairs on heavy plant equipment.
- Assess overall condition of product.
- Strip unit in accordance with work instructions.
- Assess individual components to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Evaluate the commercial viability and availability of parts prior to the commencement of any work.
- Complete Job Card with any additional BOM required.
- Build product in accordance with manufacturer instructions.
- Test product to OE specification.
- Report any faults to the Workshop Supervisor who will advise what action is needed.
- Ensure the accurate completion of company paperwork, including job cards, production tracking sheets and QHSE documentation.
- Ensure schedule adherence.
- Respond to other Ad-Hoc requests made by higher Management as and when required.
- Proven experience of repair & maintenance on Military vehicles or similar equipment.
- Engine & transmission strip & build experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel) or willing to work towards.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Displays willingness to follow instruction and learn new tasks.
- Knowledge of QHSE Legislation
- Hold a valid driving license.
Salary and Benefits:
- £27,000 starting salary.
- Life Cover (3 x Annual salary).
- Employer contributes 3% to pension, rising to 5% to pension after 12 months.