Alliance Personnel are currently recruiting for Import Freight Forwarder for one of their clients based in Sheldon, B26.
As a long established and well-respected freight forwarding company, they are currently recruiting for an experienced Import Freight Forwarder to help them to continue delivering excellent customer service in all aspects of import shipping.
Key role and responsibilities for the position
- Manage all aspects of Surface and Air shipments
- Handle detailed import clearance processers and compliances
- Managing the jobs from quotation stage through to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and effectively communicating any service issues.
- Build strong proactive customer relationships and SLA’s with a wide ranging client base with differing needs
- Build stakeholder relationships with overseas partners and carriers to improves efficiency
- Create and maintain accurate records of cargo movements
- Maintain good relationships with government agencies as and when required
Minimum requirements for candidate
- 3+ years in the Freight Forwarding Industry
- Knowledge of HMRC procedures relating to import procedures
- Building and maintaining client relations for continued and new business with clients
- Ensuring Clients & Partners are receiving first class customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team or independently
- Good organisation/ planning skills
- Accuracy and high attention to details
- Ability to prioritise and organise your own workload
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn and improve
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft programs
- Flexible approach to working duties
Working hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm (1h lunch break), weekly hours 37.5h
To be considered for this role, please submit up to date CV.