We are recruiting for an experienced Import Freight Forwarder for an office-based role in the Birmingham area. This is a permanent role from the outset.
- Fully CDS trained
- Manage all aspects of Surface and Air shipments
- Handle detailed import clearance processes and compliances
- Managing the jobs from quotation stage to final invoicing in line with the client expectations and effectively communicating any service issues.
- Build strong proactive customer relationships and SLA’s with a wide ranging client base with differing needs
- Build stakeholder relationships with overseas partners and carriers to improve efficiency
- Create and maintain accurate records of cargo movements
- Maintain good relationships with government agencies as and when required
- 3+ years in the Freight Forwarding Industry
- Fully CDS trained/compliant.
- Knowledge of HMRC procedures relating to import procedures
- Building and maintaining client relations for continued and new business with clients
- Ensuring Clients & Partners are receiving first class customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently
- Good organisation/ planning skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn and improve
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft programs
- Flexible approach to working duties.
37.5 hours per week, 9am to 530pm (1 hour lunch)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£31,000.00 per year
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Birmingham: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Freight Forwarding: 2 years (required