We are currently recruiting for a General Manager for a worldwide automotive parts company.
- Responsible for daily operational performance. Effective planning and achievement of the sales, margin, costs and objectives in line with the company’s business plan.
- Responsible for the security and safe keeping of company assets.
- Responsible for all recruitment and selection of business staff including training and development.
- Review sales margin activity reports and determine areas for improvement. Review delivery activity to ensure that we customer demand is achieved with efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Review telephone call data and achieve acceptable lost call levels. Oversee product lifecycle.
- Review production activity reports to determine areas for improvement. Review new product development.
- Manage and maintain cost expenditure within agreed budgets and Business Plan. Manage the purchasing and productivity reports to ensure good availability
- Manage and maintain stock levels and overstocks in line with the budget and Business Plan investigating and rectifying any discrepancies.
- Manage and maintain working relationship with all suppliers maximising all opportunities – cost improvements, quality issues, supply issues and stock returns.
- Manage all recruitment and selection of staff, ensure that all staff are adequately trained, motivated and developed to the required standards within the agreed budgets.
- Manage and ensure departmental managers are controlling overtime costs, holiday planning and sick absences.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods and and coordination of people and resources.
- Proven experience in effective planning, budget controls and objectives.
- Awareness of the statutory duties of a Company Director and relative to the Companies Act.
- Knowledge of QHSE legislation.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint in particular).
- Holds or willing to work towards Post Graduate Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Holds or willing to work towards ICM Level or equivalent.
- Member of IET/IMI Professional Body.
- Displays a good attitude towards work, and the aims and objectives of the company.
We are seeking an ambitious, driven candidates who have proven previous experience in a manufacturing/automotive background, who have technical/engineering acumen, a natural people person with excellent management skills, who is self-motivated with a passion for the automotive sector.
This is a role with achievable prospects and time-frame for promotion, with the next step being promotion to the board of directors.
Salary and Benefits:
- Very competitive salary plus car allowance.
- Private healthcare.
- Employer contribution pension scheme.
- Life insurance.