Alliance Personnel are currently recruiting on behalf of one of their clients based in Birmingham.
The Data Processor/Print Operative is responsible for the processing of individual jobs from receipt of the job brief to dispatch.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Understanding the job brief.
- Preparation of the job ready for production.
- Briefing production staff.
- Liaising with all postal/courier suppliers.
- Operation of all printing processes and related software.
- Ensuring that all completed jobs are ready for invoicing.
- To process jobs from receipt of job brief to dispatch from our premises.
- To liaise with other staff and clients to ensure the smooth running of jobs.
- To develop knowledge and skills to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
Understanding the job brief:
- Receive the job brief from a Director or from the client – usually by email – and from the information received, assess the best method of processing the job.
- Communicate with clients as necessary, usually by email or telephone.
- Advise a Director of any materials to be ordered for the job.
- Produce a job bag and accurate job card.
Preparation of the job for production:
- Assess which postal service should be used for the job and which postage account should be used.
- Prepare the data and run a sortation if required. Advise the client if any other service such as deduplication is required.
- Set documents/envelopes/labels to be printed and proof to the client.
- Ensure that a print control sheet is completed accurately for every job.
Briefing production staff:
- Ensure that production staff are supplied with the job card, any job samples available and are fully briefed on the job processes and timings. This may take place in the daily production meeting or separately.
Liaising with all postal/courier suppliers:
- Book any collections necessary from Royal Mail, Whistl, Onepost, Citipost, Trax and any other postal/courier suppliers.
- Produce necessary booking forms, collection paperwork and Sales Orders.
Ensuring that all completed jobs are ready for invoicing:
- For the duration of the job, collect all relevant paperwork (proofs, print control sheets, emails, purchase orders, job cards, Sales Orders etc) and keep them in the job bag.
- Ensure that all paperwork in the job bag is accurate and clear – for invoicing purposes.
- Produce invoicing sheet from job quote or pricing on previous job.
- Ensure that all materials relating to a job are tidied up and that any overs are dealt with according to the client’s requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal English.
- An in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. A good working knowledge of Photoshop.
- An in-depth understanding of the various print processes and application of the relevant software.
- A good eye for detail.
- An understanding of layout design.
- A good knowledge of geographical locations, both UK and worldwide.
- An ability to approach problems clearly and logically and to organize the workflow in an efficient manner.
- Good time management.
- A logical approach to all aspects of the job.
- A good telephone manner.
- Patience and diplomacy at all levels.
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 9am -5:30pm